> 50% Larger than - ALL Houses - Front, Sides, Back !!!
AMAZING Cape Cod House --- Huge Clean Modern Private Home
Amazing Conveniences - Busy 7 Person Group - NO Conflicts for WRs & Kitchens !!!
--- Huge Common Room, 7 Bedrooms (2 Huge + 4 Large + 1 Avg). 3 Upgraded WRs + 3 Upgraded Kitchens (Main + 2 Satellites) --- No More Competition for Facilities !!!. Upgraded Laundry - Heavy Duty Appliances. Energy Efficient Furnace & Hot Water & A/C. Plus 5-6 Parking ! NOT a Subdivided Student House. Testimonials.
#1 Location --- WALK - 1 Min to Bus, 3 Min to West End Pub and Emerson Pub, 7 Min to Starbucks, Shoppers, Subway, Tim Hortons, New Engg Bldg & Hospital, Fortinos etc.
Privacy - Setback from street on a Small Hillock - Large Property, Huge Private Yard, Tiled Rear Patio & Barbecue Area !
No Noise - Surrounded by Residential Family Homes. Far from Vanadlism & Noise YET near to Bus, Campus, Shopping !!!
24/7 Warranty Service - Heating & hot water from Direct Energy & Reliance Energy.
Womens Groups - Home Covered By McMaster University Student Walk Home Assistance Team (SWHAT). ZONE 1
Current Group - 2 Women & 5 Men, Nursing & Sciences, Leased to 30 April 2013.
Prior Group - 5 Women & 2 Men, Arts & Sciences, Leased to 30 April 2012.
Prior Group - 7 Men Commerce & Science , Leased 2 years to 30 April 2011.
Prior Group - 3 Women & 4 Men - Commerce & Science, Leased to 30 April 2009.
Prior Group - 7 Men Engineering & Commerce, Leased for 4 Years to Graduation.
Prior Group - 7 Men Engineering & Sciences , Leased for 2 years to Gradution.
Prior Group - 7 Women Sciences , Leased for 3 Years to Graduation.
Prior Group - 7 Women Arts & Commerce , Leased for 3 Years to Graduation.
Features & Rooms ~ 2500 sq'
- Huge Common Room.
- Amazing Conveniences - Busy 7 Person Group - NO Conflicts for WRs & Kitchens !!!
- 7 Bedrooms - 2 Huge, 4 Large, 1 Average.
- 3 Upgraded Bathrooms --- Italian Porcelain Tiling, MOEN Fixtures, American Standard, GFCI etc..
- 3 Upgraded Kitchens - Main Kitchen + Satellite Kitchen on Top Floor + Satellite Kitchen in Basement.
- Upgraded Laundry - Heavy Duty Wahser & Dryer.
- Hardwood & Porcelain Tiled Floors
- Super Energy Efficient - Systems, Air Conditioning
- 3 Exits, Parking for 6 Cars
- Large Private Lot ~45 x 150 with shed and tiled Patio
- 60 Gal Hot Water V 40 Gal (Area Homes). 50% More Hot Water!
- 0.75" Water Supply V 0.5" (Area Homes). 50% More Water/Flow!
- 2006 Ontario Fire Code Compliant Systems - 110V Alarms & Extinguishers/Floor. Alarms/BR. CO Alarms.
- ESA Code Compliant - GFI Outlets Throughout.
1st Floor Spec
- HUGE Living Room ~20 x 14 w NEW Hardwood Floor.
- TWO Bedrooms: 1 Large ~10 x 14 and 1 Average ~10 x 10.
- Upgraded Bathroom - Italian Porcelain Tiled, MOEN Fixtures, American Standard, exhaust, GFCI.
- Upgraded Main Kitchen ~16 x 14, eat-in, oven, exhaust, microwave, huge fridge, sink, cupboards, porcelain tiled floor.
- Driveway side porch and entry with closet. Additional Fire Exit on Other Side.
2nd Floor Spec
- THREE Bedrooms - 1 Huge ~12 x 18, 2 Large ~10 x14. Windows Galore, Natural Light & Air.
- Upgraded Bathroom - Italian Porcelain Tiling, MOEN Fixtures, American Standard, Exhaust, GFCI, shutoffs
- Upgraded Satellite Kitchen ~10 x 12, eat-in, oven, full fridge, microwave, GFI, sink, counter, cupboards, porcelain tile floor.
Basement Floor Spec
- Fully Finished & Full Height Basement
- TWO Bedrooms with two windows each & new carpeting: 1 Huge ~14 x 22, 1 Large ~10 x 22
- Upgraded Bathroom with Italian Porcelain Tiling, MOEN Fixtures, American Standard, Exhaust and GFCI
- Upgraded Satellite Kitchen w oven, fridge, exhaust, microwave, counter top, cupboards, sink, GFI, porcelain tile floor.
- Upgraded Laundry featuring heavy-duty energy efficient washer & dryer.
• 2002 High Efficiency Carrier Furnace with 24/7 warranty service - Direct Energy
• 2006 High Efficiency Water Heater with 24/7 warranty service - Reliance Energy
• 2006 Recharged A/C - Mississauga Home Comfort
• 2004 Premium Waterproof Roof - Class A Fire Rated, latest ventilation, R40+ insulation
• 120-amp service and breaker panel. Lessee Wired for phone, internet and cable TV
• 60 Gal Hot Water V 40 Gal (Most Homes). 50% More Water!
• 0.75" Water Supply V 0.5" (Most Homes). 50% More Water/Flow!
• 5-6 spaces for on-property parking as well as 3 on street
• Large private yard with apple tree and shed for bikes, boards etc
• 2006 Ontario Fire Code Compliant Systems - 110V Alarms & Extinguishers/Floor. Alarms/BR. CO Alarms.
• ESA Code Compliant - GFI Outlets Throughout.
• New dead bolt locks on all doors with one key access for all 3 main exit doors.
Utility Costs (Are NOT included in the Rent) depend on Students Choice: Gas/Electric/Water/Sewer, Phone Plan, Cable, Internet Usage.
Typical Gas/Electric/Water/Sewer Costs (Excludes Phone, Cable, Internet) for our energy efficient homes ~ $30-$40/person/month (Est ~$10/May-Sept, ~$50/Sept-April): Assuming Little - Peak Period Usage & Wasteful Usage (Friends etc). Utilities have a basic standard 'hookup & stayup' Cost/Month --- Basic Costs are billed irrespective of usage.
Utilities use Smart Meters (Peak Period Pricing) - Max Cost 7am-10pm is x2 the Min Cost 10pm-7am.
Utility Set Up & Management for 30 April Activation - Group simply & easily sets up UTILITY ACCOUNTS directly w Union Gas, Horizon (Electric), Internet/Cable Co etc --- Vacating Tenants provide relevant info. Landlord is not involved. Usually ONE Member of Group is Account Holder in dealings w various Utilities. Group must ensure in Lease Term - Leased Property is never without basic working utilities - electric/water/sewer, gas.
Lessee Group can sublet to McMaster Students - but - At Sole Liability of Lessee. Landlord is NOT involved.
Heads Up - LESSEE remains Solely & Unconditionally LEGALLY LIABLE for Leased Property during a Sublet:
We only group-lease to student groups at McMaster. Group alone decides on group-mates: no random people. Landlord does not select group/house mates.
• Group-Lease Only: 'Lessee' is a Group of one or more McMaster University Students.
• Lease-Term is 12-months: Noon 30th April to 30th April.
• Total Rent: $3045*/Month --- nominally shared $435/ per member per month
*Rent Excludes Utilities. No charge for any addl. amenities provided by Lessor/Landlord.
Municipal Licensing & By Laws
Important Note - City of Hamilton - Proposed Licensing & By Laws for Rental Housing - City is proposing new Licensing & By Laws for all rental housing in the City of Hamilton, including student housing. This Landlord/Lessor intends to fully comply with any future Licensing & By Laws & Codes. If enacted it may require changes to the advertised configurations of the leased Properties shown on this web site & Lease Documents e.g. reducing the number of formal kitchens, number of bedrooms, number of parking spaces etc.
The currently advertised Total Rent (above) for the leased Property reflects a basic configuration of stated bedrooms, stated washrooms, stated rec/common rooms, and one main kitchen with appliances (stove, 2 fridges); and any additional kitchens & facilities e.g. more than 1 kitchen & associated appliances, are provided per Lease at no charge to the Lessee at the sole discretion of the Landlord/Lessor; these amenities are not an obligation of the Lessor/Landlord in Lease. No charge for any addl. amenities provided by Lessor/Landlord i.e. Lessee does not pay costs for these amenities (save for usage of utilities) over & above currently advertised rents. Total Rent for leased Property (based on # of Members in Lessee AND # of Bedrooms) - will be adjusted only if the # of Bedrooms allowable per By Law has to change e.g. from 5 to 4.
Please Note - Each of our homes is leased ONLY to ONE unitary Group of Students bound together as ONE Lessee/Tenant, to act as ONE housekeeping unit who share all responsibilities & liabilities of ONE Group-Lease paying ONE Total Rent/Month (above) for the leased Property. Total Rent is also advertised as per Lessee Member/Month for their convenience in estimating what each Member's share of the rental costs might be. Members are free to adjust how they will actually share costs - as they alone deem fit. We do not rent individual rooms, nor sign individual Leases.
Our Focus - Deliver Clean Homes & Superb Service. You dont need stress other than your study --- main event at MAC.
Your Focus - Live Safely & Keep Your Home - Safe, Clean, Tidy, By Law Compliant, Damage Free.
AMAZING Cape Cod - ~2500 sq ft, 7 BR + Upgraded 3 WR & 3 Kitchens $435/
Amazing Conveniences - 7 Person Group - NO Conflicts for WRs & Kitchens !!!
> 50% Larger Than - ALL Houses - Front, Sides, Back !!!
To Enlarge Pictures - Click on Them